it’s a well known fact i am a cat lady – not in the crazy cat throwing lady from the simpson’s way but in a nice normal animal loving way. when living by yourself it is pretty cute having a little furry friend that basically looks after itself but still loves you.
one of the biggest issues for people with or wanting pets is often when they’re renting – sometimes a gold fish just doesn’t cut it. but there are ways around it, honesty is the best policy – be up front if you have a small dog or an inside cat and if you have good references it shouldn’t be an issue.
just don’t go hiding 3 german shepherds in a 2 bedroom single fronted cottage – chances are you’re going to get busted.
get well acquainted with poppy – i guarantee you will see a lot more of her
why you & your house are better off with a furry friend
- improved general health / data shows cat owners make fewer trips to the doctors
- better cardiovascular health / cats help in reducing stress, lowering blood pressure & even cholesterol
- companionship / there is nothing better than coming home to a little friend who loves hearing about your day
- improved mental health / just by looking at your cat, you can increase the amount of Oxytocin – the ‘feel good’ chemical
- allergy resistance in children / exposing children to cats from a young age is known to strengthen a child’s immune system & reduce the risk of allergies in adulthood
- emotional development / developing love and affection for a cat is known to improve a child’s self esteem, autonomy & empathy for others
- you’ll sleep better / several studies in the UK have found that people (especially women) prefer to sleep with their cats than with their partners